Two Fox News Contributors Resigned Over Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 Documentary

A pair of Fox News contributors have resigned their roles on the network, saying the primetime host Tucker carlsonTucker Carlson Rittenhouse’s defense attorney says he kicked Tucker Carlson’s film crew ‘out of Rittenhouse’s room several times after trial:’ Self-defense is not illegal ‘Tucker Carlson gets interview with Rittenhouse for Monday night PLUSThe recent documentary series examining the January 6 attack on the United States Capitol was a breaking point.

Steve Hayes and Jonah Goldberg, two leading conservative writers and pundits who have appeared regularly online since 2009, announced that they had terminated their resignations from Fox following the release of Carlson’s controversial documentary.

The news of the couple’s departure was the first reported by the New York Times on Sunday night.

“The special, which aired on Fox’s subscription streaming service earlier this month and was promoted on Fox News, is presented in the style of an exposition, a forceful piece of investigative journalism,” the two journalists said. . wrote in an entry on his political news and commentary website The Dispatch.

“In reality, it is a collection of incoherent conspiracies, riddled with factual inaccuracies, half-truths, misleading images, and damning omissions. And its message is clear: the US government is targeting patriotic Americans in the same way, and with the same tools that he used to attack Al Qaeda, “they added.

Carlson’s series, dubbed “Patriot Purge,” purports to tell an alternate story behind the January 6 uprising and features at least one subject suggesting that the event may have been an operation called a “false flag.” The series has been widely criticized, including by Rep. Liz cheneyElizabeth (Liz) Lynn Cheney Trump supports Gosar after no-confidence vote McCarthy vows to restore Greene, Gosar on committees if Republican Party wins House McDaniel says he still considers Cheney a Republican despite Party vote Wyoming Republican MORE (R-Wy.) From the House select committee investigating the attack.

Goldberg and Hayes in their post on Sunday lamented a trend they say they have seen in which Fox’s top opinion anchors have “amplified the false claims and bizarre narratives of Donald trumpDonald Trump Trump Tells Former Aide Navarro to ‘Protect Executive Privilege’ in House of Representatives’ COVID-19 Investigation Jan.6, Panel May See Influence from Bannon Impeachment Texas Democratic Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson announces his retirement at the end of term MORE or offered theirs at his service. ”

“In fact, the news side of Fox routinely does what it is supposed to do: report the truth,” they wrote, noting that it remains true that “there are still responsible conservatives providing valuable opinions and analysis.”

“But the voices of those responsible are being drowned out by the irresponsible,” concluded Hayes and Goldberg.

Of Carlson specifically, Goldberg and Hayes wrote: “If a person with such a platform shares that misinformation high enough and for long enough, there are Americans who will believe it and act on it.”

Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the resignations. A Fox News spokesperson declined to comment to the Times about the resignations. In an email to the Times, Carlson said the departures were “great news.”

Goldberg said he will not question Fox employees who remain at the network in an interview with the Times.

“There are a lot of people out there that I respect, like and consider friends, and they’re making a decision based on how to provide for their families and deal with their careers and all that,” Goldberg said.

“And there are also many people who think that Fox’s opinion today is amazing,” he added.



Reference-thehill.com

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *