The Develop:Conference, an event geared especially for developers, this week unveiled its Develop:Star award winning games in different categories. Returnal, on the PS5, took two of those awards, including the ever-coveted Game of the Year.
As the conference is geared towards developers, many of its awards are aimed at studios and people, not necessarily games. Winners are decided in a closed vote of industry insiders. Check out the complete list of winners below:
- Best Visual Art: Returnal
- Best Narrative: Röki
- Best Game Design: Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
- Best Audio: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Best Innovation: Lost Words: Beyond the Page
- Best Localization and QA Provider: Keywords Studios
- Recruitment Star: Amiqus Recruitment
- Best Creative Provider: Atomhawk
- Best Original IP: Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
- Diversity Star: Anisa Sanusi
- Tomorrow’s Star: Reema Ishaque
- Best Technology Provider: Unreal Engine
- Production Star: No More Robots
- Best Mobile Game: Little Orpheus
- Game of the Year (GOTY): Returnal
- Best Micro Studio: Polygon Treehouse
- Best Studio: Digital Sumo
- The Development Star Award: Debbie Bestwick – Team17
The PS5 continued to stand out at the award in the form of other games, such as the Spider-Man: Miles Morales winning better audio and the Sumo Digital studio, from Sackboy: A Big Adventure, taking best studio.
It should be noted that Unreal Engine, which took the award for best technology provider for game development, is also one of the main sponsors of Develop:Conference.