Pakistan undefeated looking for third win; Afghanistan will join Pakistan at the top of the group with a victory.
- Pakistan leads Group 2 with two wins out of two.
- Afghanistan beat Scotland by 130 runs in its opener.
- Pakistan won the only T20 that these teams have played against each other.
- Afghanistan has won its last four T20 internationals.
- The match starts at 6 pm (14:00 GMT).
Afghanistan at bat
Afghanistan won the toss and chose to hit.
Who wins today?
Well you have Pakistani supporters (and former players) backing Pakistan 👇:
– Saeed Ajmal (@REALsaeedajmal) October 29, 2021
Then you have Pakistani fans supporting both sides 👇:
– Ali Hassan🇵🇰🇹🇷🇵🇸 (@ AliHassan89624) October 29, 2021
Afghanistan left political troubles behind
Afghanistan beat Scotland in their first match of the tournament, scoring 190-4, hitting first before firing opponents by just 60.
Spinners Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Rashid Khan shared nine plots of land with each other.
They are on different ground with much stronger opposition today, but Pakistan will think twice about taking Afghanistan lightly.
Pakistan on the brink of the semi-finals
Pakistan entered the tournament after their series against New Zealand and England was canceled. The Kiwis withdrew from their tour of Pakistan minutes before the opening match. Three days later, England canceled their tour.
Before that, it rained three of its four T20s in the West Indies.
But they beat India by 10 wickets in their first tournament before moving on to New Zealand. A win today and Pakistan will have a foot and a few toes in the quarterfinals.