eternal, the next Marvel movie to hit theaters, has a less than positive brand. Until the time of production of this article, the feature has the worst grade among the MCU films on the website Rotten Tomatoes. The film garners only 63 percent approval from critics — public ratings are released only after release.
In addition, the film also had a barrage of negative reviews in the IMDb. However, different from what happens in the Rotten Tomatoes, O IMDb relies only on ratings from the public.
As the film has not yet officially opened in theaters, the site has opted to remove the comments.
Richard Madden and Chloé Zhao behind the scenes of ‘Eternals’.Source: IMDb
eternal is the first MCU film to have an Oscar-winning person directing it. Chloe Zhao he also signs the screenplay, alongside Patrick Burleigh, Ryan Firpo and Kaz Firpo.
Featuring Salma Hayek, Angelina Jolie, Gemma Chan, Kit Harrington, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Brian Tyree Henry and Barry Keoghan, the film hits theaters on November 5th.
Below you can see the approvals of the MCU films so far in the Rotten Tomatoes:
- Black Panther (2018): 96% approval;
- Avengers: Endgame (2019): 94% approval;
- Iron Man (2008): 94% approval;
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017): 93% approval;
- Spider-Man: Back Home (2017): 92% approval;
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): 92% approval;
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings (2021): 92% approval;
- The Avengers (2012): 91% approval;
- Spider-Man: Away from Home (2019): 90% approval;
- Captain America: Civil War (2016): 90% approval;
- Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (2014): 90% approval;
- Doctor Strange (2016): 89% approval;
- Ant Man and the Wasp (2018): 87% approval;
- Avengers: Infinite War (2018): 85% approval;
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017): 85% approval;
- Ant Man (2015): 83% approval;
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011): 80% approval;
- Captain Marvel (2019): 79% approval;
- Black Widow (2021): 79% approval;
- Iron Man 3 (2013): 79% approval;
- Thor (2011): 77% approval;
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015): 76% approval;
- Iron man 2 (2010): 72% approval;
- The incredible Hulk (2008): 67% approval;
- Thor the Dark World (2013): 66% approval;
- eternal (2021): 63% approval.
Are you optimistic about the new MCU movie? Comment!